Neutral gas on the SC44???

• Hey

(I do this in english, because it takes soooooo long for me to write it in german.. ;( ...but I understand german)

I would like to ask you, wheather you use neutral gas or not, when you shift down on the SC44?

What I mean is:
    You pull the clutch, make a small "wank" with the throttle, shift one gear down, release the throttle.

Normally you would do this when you shift down, going into a sharp curv, where you need to be in 1. or 2. gear.

The reason why I ask is, that I have just got a SC44 instead of my VTR1000F Firestorm. :D
    But on the VTR I have never had the need for making neutral gas, but on the SC44 I have experienced that the gearbox is more "klonky" (less smooth), but only when you shift down to the small gears (1.,2. and 3). You can especially feel it when you go at low revs.
    Is that normal for fireblades? ?(

The neutral gas should then reduce the "klonk"-noises and also reduce the wear on the gear box.

So what do you guys think? (-:

Greetings from Dänemark

Christian

Ciao :perfekt3:

• Zitat

Original von Firestormer

shift one gear down, release the throttle.

Damnnn.....error.....it should of cause be: "release the CLUTCH" and not the throttle.... :tongue:

• Hi Christian,

yes i find that the gearchange is a lot smoother if i use a little "Blip" of the throttel whilst changing down. When i'm changing up the box into the higher gears i very often dont use the clutch at all i just let the revs off a little at the same time as i put pressure on the gear lever, then as the gear engages i get back on the revs straight away.

Gruß Paul

• Zitat

Original von Paul
    Hi Christian,

yes i find that the gearchange is a lot smoother if i use a little "Blip" of the throttel whilst changing down. When i'm changing up the box into the higher gears i very often dont use the clutch at all i just let the revs off a little at the same time as i put pressure on the gear lever, then as the gear engages i get back on the revs straight away.

Gruß Paul

Ok..cool.. :D

And I do the same as you when I shift up.....but mostly when I press hard. In normal traffic I use the clutch for shifting up, but not fully.....I just pull the clutch a little and let in the new gear.

Christian ;)

• Hi Christian,

Shifting up I do it the same way as Paul does. But only to get from the 3rd gear higher.
    That also works shifting down with a little pressure on the gear lever and then playing softly with the throttle.

@all
    But sometimes, not very often, an other problem occurs.
    I accelerate in the 1st gear (up to 11.000 rpm) and then I do not pull the lever hard enough to get the 2nd gear. If I try to go from neutral to the 2nd gear it sounds like the gearbox explodes.

What to do if I do not want to reduce speed!

JöRRg

Wer sich von einem meiner Beiträge angenervt fühlt, darf sich ein Smiley aussuchen und alles wird wieder gut: (-: ;) :P ;( :D :streichel: :dumdiedum: :gruebel: :yeh: :cool3: 8)

• Zitat

Original von JoeRRg
    @all
    But sometimes, not very often, an other problem occurs.
    I accelerate in the 1st gear (up to 11.000 rpm) and then I do not pull the lever hard enough to get the 2nd gear. If I try to go from neutral to the 2nd gear it sounds like the gearbox explodes.

What to do if I do not want to reduce speed!

JöRRg

Hmmm....so you mean, what you can do to avoid going down in speed before you try again to go into 2. without fucking the gearbox?? ?(

The klonk noise comes, when the difference in rotation speed of the individual sprockets is to high. And everytime this klonk noise comes, you wear the gearbox heavely... :tongue:

As I see it, the klonk noise will be smaller if you try to put more revs on the engine, so the sprockets on the engine side matches the speed of the sprockets on the final-drive side...maybe....just a theory... ;)

• Firestormer

Zitat

As I see it, the klonk noise will be smaller if you try to put more revs on the engine, so the sprockets on the engine side matches the speed of the sprockets on the final-drive side...maybe....just a theory...

This is not a theory, that`s the reason. If there is less speeddifference between the two sprockets, as smother is the gearchange.

Nice regards Bonsai