20.Fireblade-Touren-Treffen 2024 - Anmeldung

• I now need to find out how and where to register my new bike and sort out insurance. Any recommendations (good as well as to avoid)?

It's a bit complicated in Germany, but I'll try to explain the registration in Munich City.

First, you need an insurance, which must at least cover liability. Together with your insurance contract, you will get an electronic evidence of insurance coverage (elektronische Versicherungsbestätigung, eVB).

The next step is a license plate. You can either register your bike in the registration office (Zulassungsstelle), then buy a license plate (usually there are license plate companies nearby), and then bring the license plate to the registration office again to get the necessary badges. Alternatively (which is what I did), you can reserve a license plate number in advance online at https://wunschkennzeichen.muenchen.de/verkehr-igv/se…elle?AUFRUF=WKZ; I am not sure if there's a small fee. Then you can order your license plate in advance. Of the various sizes, Munich City allows only the biggest motorbike license plate size.

The final step is the registration office (Zulassungsstelle). If your motorbike was never registered (which is unlikely for a bike of 2016), you can find the official information for Munich City here: https://stadt.muenchen.de/service/info/h…ung-ii/1063438/.

If your bike is a used one, you can find the information here, if bike was already registered in Munich City: https://stadt.muenchen.de/service/info/h…ung-ii/1064079/ .

If it was registered outside Munich City, but in Germany, then look at this link: https://stadt.muenchen.de/service/info/h…ung-ii/1064316/ .

If your bike was registered outside Germany, then look here: https://stadt.muenchen.de/service/info/t…i-4215/1064078/ .

Mind the paragraph "Benötigte Unterlagen", which tells you the needed papers.

The registration office (Zulassungsstelle) is in Eichstätter Straße 2, 80686 München. As far as I understand it, they now want a scheduled appointment, which can be made online at https://stadt.muenchen.de/terminvereinba…=KFZ&ct=1063438 .

I have seen that they now also offer online services, but the needed ELSTER certificate may make this perhaps more complicated than going to Eichstätter Straße. But perhaps it is faster (see waiting time below).

CAUTION: Munich country (Landkreis München) works differently, has different offices and web-sites. What I wrote is only valid for Munich City (Stadt München).

Some of my experiences of 2020 concerning the registration office, which may however not be representative because of COVID:

* The online waiting time for the scheduled appointment was more than a month. :(

* In the mean time, my insurance wanted to cancel my eVB because they thought I hadn't used it. I could stop this be calling them.

* I got a printed QR-code at the back of my license plate which should allow future activities online. However, their ink turned out not to be light-proof :tougue:; therefore, the QR-code was no more readable a few months later, although I had protected it against dirt and water by a transparent plastic foil.

* About a year ago, a colleague told me he went to the "Zulassungsstelle" without a scheduled appointment very early in the morning, and he was served, although after a considerable waiting time. But I wouldn't take bets if this still works.

• Schön wieder viele "alte" Bekannte zu treffen und die Neuen ebenfalls.

Karin, Mila und ich sind vom 23.-30.06. in den Dolos.

Freue mich wie Bolle.

Ich will immer 46 bleiben! :)

• Link zur Liste ist in der Mail vom 5.3. mit den generellen Infos. Schön, dass ihr wieder dabei seid :)

Das Schwarze immer unten lassen.

• It's a bit complicated in Germany, but I'll try to explain the registration in Munich City.

Vielen Dank Bernd, dass du dir die Zeit genommen hast, mir zu schreiben. Deine Informationen waren von unschätzbarem Wert.

Ich habe am Samstagabend eine SMS erhalten, dass mein Motorrad am Montagnachmittag geliefert werden würde. Es kam am Morgen an, und heute habe ich die Registrierung abgeschlossen und das Nummernschild und die Aufkleber erhalten. Ich werde es morgen an das Motorrad montieren und freue mich auf meine erste Fahrt.

Da ich von einer Yamaha MT-10 mit ihrer aufrechten Sitzposition komme, habe ich vergessen - oder einfach nicht bemerkt - wie sportlich die Fireblade ist. Vielleicht wird mich das ermutigen, weitere 5 kg abzunehmen.

Ich werde mein Profil mit einem guten Foto an einem sonnigen Tag aktualisieren. Bis dahin, viel Spaß beim Fahren.

- - - - -

Many thanks Bernd for taking the time to write. Your information was invaluable.

I received an SMS on Saturday evening, that my bike would be delivered on Monday afternoon. It arrived in the morning, and today I have completed the registration and have the number plate and stickers. I'll fit it to the bike tomorrow and look forward to my first ride.

Coming from a Yamaha MT-10 with its upright riding position, I have forgotten - or just didn't realise - just how sporty a riding position the Fireblade has. Maybe this will encourage me to lose another 5kg.

I'll update my profile with a good photo on a sunny day. Until then, happy riding.

• my bike [...] arrived in the morning

Gratulation, und viel Spaß mit Deinem neuen Bike. Das sieht ja wie neu aus. Der Händler war anscheinend der gleiche, von dem ich meine Fireblade bekommen habe.

Vielleicht sehen wir uns ja beim FTT. Ich bin vom 19.06. bis zum 25.06. da.

----

Congratulations, and enjoy your new bike. It looks like new. Your dealer seems to be the same from which I bought my Fireblade.

Perhaps we see each other at the FTT (Fireblade Tour Gathering). I will be there from 19th of June until 25th of June.

• Ich habe mich soeben für die FTT von Mittwoch, 19. Juni, bis einschließlich Dienstag, 25. Juni, angemeldet.

Ich fahre am 19. von München runter und am 25. wieder zurück.

Ich habe noch keine E-Mail-Bestätigung erhalten (vor etwa 10 Minuten), aber ich freue mich darauf, euch in den Bergen zu treffen.

- - -

I have just registered for the FTT between Wednesday 19 to Tuesday 25 June inclusive.

I'll ride down from Munich on the 19th, and home again on the 25th.

I'm not received any email confirmation (about 10 minutes ago now), but I'm looking forward to meeting you up in the mountains.

2016 Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade

Java
    if ( inDoubt ) {
      do-it();
      more-power-and-speed();
      enjoy-the-ride();
    }
  • Can someone please confirm whether my FTT registration has been received and accepted? I still have no email / feedback / confirmation.

I have already booked the time off work.

I'm already dreaming of the roads we'll ride.

And the stories over dinner and drinks in the evening.

It'll be good to know where I'm staying and when deposits and final amounts need to be paid, etc.

Thanks!

Java
    if ( inDoubt ) {
      do-it();
      more-power-and-speed();
      enjoy-the-ride();
    }
  • Have you also checked the spam folder? If there is nothing there write a message to Rainer ( Kraftrad )

Aus fahrphysikalischen Gründen entsteht ein Sicherheitsrisiko,wenn die Motorleistung dem Leergewicht nicht angepasst ist und dadurch außerordentlich starke Beschleunigungen möglich werden.
    ( Der Deutsche Verkehrssicherheitsrat in seinem Beschluss zur Motorradsicherheit.)

• Nein und schon erledigt. Werde es noch einmal versuchen, danke.

Java
    if ( inDoubt ) {
      do-it();
      more-power-and-speed();
      enjoy-the-ride();
    }
  • Ich habe mich soeben erneut angemeldet - und wieder keine Bestätigungs-E-Mail erhalten.

Kraftrad - bitte bestätigen.

Und ich hoffe, wir sehen uns alle im Juni.

Java
    if ( inDoubt ) {
      do-it();
      more-power-and-speed();
      enjoy-the-ride();
    }
  • soeben erneut angemeldet - und wieder keine Bestätigungs-E-Mail erhalten.

Wie gesagt verschickt Rainer die Bestätigungsmails von Hand, sie können also nicht sofort ankommen. Bei mir hat es aber in weniger als einem Tag funktioniert. Meine Anmeldung war über das Formular auf der Kraftrad-Blog-Seite. Wenn die Bestätigung Deiner ersten Anmeldung immernoch nicht da ist, dann stimmt etwas nicht.

Ich würde Blade0072 zustimmen, daß eine Persönliche Nachricht an Rainer der direkteste Weg sein könnte, um Dein Anmeldeproblem zu lösen.

----

As already mentioned, Rainer sends the confirmation mails manually, therefore they cannot arrive immediately. In my case however, it worked in less than a day. My registration was done via the form on the Kraftrad-Blog web-site. If you still don't have the confirmation mail for your first registration, then something must have gone wrong.

I'd agree with Blade0072 that sending Rainer a Personal Notice may be the most straightforward way to solve your registration problem.